Re: Cohousing in the Netherlands
From: Joyce Cheney (jcheneyjcgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 11:05:20 -0700 (PDT)
While the "Co-housing in the Netherlands" article describes an arrangement
that works for the families there, it seems to fall quite short of
co-housing or even communal living, really. It sounds like the major
motivator was financial: it allowed the families to get more "physical
home" than they could have individually. The only shared spaces are a
garden and a sort of indoor patio. Residents state that they don't interact
with each other very much, mostly saying hi while coming and going,
and that they "live very private lives." There was no mention of
shared activities besides the garden and as few meetings as possible (maybe
an outdoor fireplace coming).  Co-housing is so much more! Joyce C.