Re: SHort Term Rentals
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 06:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

> Does your cohousing community permit short term (think AirBnB) rentals?If so,
> what process, conditions, do you require?If you do not permit them, why
> not?I'm sure we're not the only group wrestling with this question!

We don't. One, our city zoning forbids it. Two, it essentially changes the
nature of our community transactions - think consumers versus guests. Three,
one of our members started doing it (without talking with anyone beforehand,
which was its own issue) and it was awful! Drunk strangers making noise in the
parking lot, locking themselves out of the house, bothering esidents.

Eris, in the airport en route to the conference!