Re: Short term rentals
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 13:24:29 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA (long built).
We have no rules preventing or limiting rental. A number of our houses have
ADUs (rental apartments in addition to the main house space, like a daylight
basement unit). We've had renters in these, as well as housemates, and
occasionally renters-in-lieu-of-absent-owners (like when a house will be for
sale, but owners want to wait a year or two to sell). There is no clear pattern
as to who participates. Some renters are all but invisible in the community;
others come to meals and other gatherings, and/or do work for /give lessons to
others here. We have not had renters who participate in the core issues, like
business meetings or committee work. Then again we have some owners who don't
participate much either! Fortunately we still have critical mass for
participation.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind
www.rosewind.org
where the garden is still full of vegetables, and even a few last strawberries