Re: How does your community divide up water bills?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 15:32:12 -0700 (PDT)
>> The research
>> I've found confirms that sub-metering also provides a conservation bonus:
>> When people can see (and know that they're gonna pay for) their own water
>> usage, their usage drops by 15% or more.  And it makes it easier to
>> determine the location of leaks that are driving up the community's water
>> bill.
>> A rough estimate from one vendor indicates that we could have it
>> installed and operating for a one-time cost of $200-$300 per unit.

We had a company come out and do a measurement of our water usage. They will
fix all the toilets and other leaks and be paid out of our savings.

There are solar panel people who do the same.

Maybe there are meter installers who would do that.

(Our water usage was already so low it wasn’t worth it to the company.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC