Re: Bringing your own dishes to meals?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 14:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
We have experimented with "bring your own dishes" and "bring your own
dinner". Both work.

We've never talked about making either of those ideas the common
method, rather than the rare answer.

For our memorial and labor day BBQs we use bring your own dishes, and
the challenge is that guests often haven't brought *theirs* and even
some of us *forget*. It makes me unhappy, but often as much as a
quarter of the crowd is using paper. Since the sanitizer still had to
be heated for the other dishes I'm sad we've used the paper.

For meals when there is a power outage, or just a small clean-up crew
for some reason, the people who forget their own dishes generally use
the common house dishes and then bring them home to clean. The
disadvantage to *that* is sometimes we have hardly any dishes left in
the common house. (Honestly I exaggerate--but we do have shortages
because of the stuff in folks homes.)

Liz
www.mosaic-commons.org
in Berlin, MA.