Re: Exploring meal and common space scheduling options
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:50:51 -0800 (PST)
At Shadowlake Village, we recently moved to an online signup app (signup.com)
to recruit meals teams cooks and cleaners, after having used paper signups
till then, and the first rotation has been working well. I think people
really appreciate the convenience of on-line apps. We're still doing
individual meal signups for diners on paper, and it would probably be good
to transition that to an on-line service, though I haven't heard complaints
about our current system. I must say that when I'm head-cooking I would
love to be able to check the count of those signed up for the meal on-line
instead of having to go outside to walk to the CH in all kinds of weather
to retrieve the signup sheet.

We're also about to transition from our custom-built e-calendar (built and
maintained by a resident) to a calendar app, TeamUp.com. The same resident
who's been maintaining the current e-calendar has figured out how to code
around TeamUp to give us close to the same spiffy features that we've had
with his custom e-calendar, and it offers new functionality that will be
very nice to have.