Re: Exploring meal and common space scheduling options
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:53:13 -0800 (PST)

> On Jan 13, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at]
> olympus.net> wrote:
>
> This largely-analog system works well enough for us.

I wonder if this is a numbers thing. Up to a certain number of residents it
works and then doesn’t anymore. We used to work this way but at some point it
was just impossible.

Over the years people became used to everything being online, but I think it is
more complicated than that. We grew from 50+ to almost 100. We have a lot of
new residents and its hard to get them all up to speed with several systems
going on.

Online scheduling allowed us to do more, more easily. For example, each unit
has one parking space and parking on the street is by permit only. During the
day it is often hard to park. We have several people who don’t have cars so
others can schedule their spaces for guests, cleaners, workers, etc. That was a
nightmare without an online calendar so people could reserve a specific space
for specific times. Now anyone can offer their space when they are away and it
doesn’t get crazy.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines