Re: Clarification on What legal structure is best for a small group? (Ann Zabaldo)
From: Lynne Markell (lmarkellrogers.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 08:31:12 -0800 (PST)
We are using an equity housing co-operative form to accomplish our needs. The
co-operative owns the building and residents/members buy preference shares for
their individual units, which also have an occupancy agreement for a specific
unit.
Our co-operative will buy back the shares and the occupancy agreement when the
member leaves and sell to a new member. No inheritance, no creditors, no
surprises.

There will be no mortgages,because members have to pay cash and this works for
older adults and seniors who own homes. However our members can get loans from
credit unions based on their ability to pay back.
Good luck with your project.

Lynne Markell,
Lmarkell [at] rogers.com
(613) 842-5222