Re: Photos needed!
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 11:30:41 -0800 (PST)
> On Feb 17, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Philip Dowds via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:

> The formal official answer I see most is, It’s always safer to obtain a
> release.  But if you asked me to make a guess, I would guess that very, very
> few of the photos currently shown on either the Coho/US or community websites
> are backed up by written releases.

Whenever I posted a photo on our website, I asked, however. And kept a copy of
the responding email. I now keep a residents-only access site and rarely ask.
They are submitted by other residents so I just post them. I do post a note
that anyone can ask that a photo be removed. And would certainly ask for
permission if it were to be sent outside the community. Not to the extent of
filling out a form, though.

People are much less likely to object now than they were 10+ years ago. The
objections then were most likely to concern children — Never will my child be
on the web!— or people with disabilities. That has pretty much relaxed.