Re: Voting rights
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 20:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 8, 2019, at 9:39 PM, CJ Q <homeschoolvideo [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how it originated that each house gets one vote
> especially when it is on an item that might’ve been blocked ?   Do most
> communities do one household one vote or are there other ways ?

Condominiums often have votes equal to the percentage interest the own in the
building. Or any other scheme the owners agree to. Unless the state law
mandates one method or the other, the owners decide and put it in the bylaws.

We have 1 vote per unit regardless of the size of the unit or the percentage
interest or how many people own the unit. If there are two owners, they can
each record 1/2 of the vote for their unit.

We have back up majority vote but I doubt if we would ever use it. But
personally, I am glad we have it. Sometimes there is one person, a Donald
Trump, who is not reasonable and will not have their objections resolved. The
Ukraine action this week is something Trump has raised repeatedly since he got
in the White House. Everyone opposed it. So finally he just did it. There are
people out there like that. Putting a multi-million dollar investment at risk
is probably not wise just because consensus is important.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Historic Takoma Park
In Washington DC, Where all roads lead to Casablanca