Re: communities that handle property buys and sells internally?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:31:53 -0700 (PDT)
Alan — I’m wondering if I understand the question correctly — are you talking
about For Sale By Owner (FSBO) model home sales?  Using this model you
eliminate the need for an agent thereby saving 6% commission on the sale of the
home.   If so, what would be the purpose of retaining a Real Estate agent?  You
would just be incurring an agent’s fee as an expense.  Is it to feel safe
accepting a contract?  You can have a lawyer review the contract for under $250
instead of committing thousands to an agent.  If a seller is worried about
getting all the paper work together in time for the closing … a closing agent
does all that — either a real estate lawyer or a title company.  In a FSBO the
seller has to handle relatively few pieces of paper.  Almost everything will be
pulled by the condominium management in the case of a condo sale or as I said …
the settlement entity will handle the paper.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

"Handle every situation like a dog.
If you can’t eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.” –Author Unknown