Resales and Rentals
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 12:06:37 -0800 (PST)
Hello all —

In the last 4 years at Takoma Village Cohousing in beautiful, exotic  NW
Washington, DC we’ve educated and informed 13 sellers on using a For Sale By
Owner process for selling their home saving them 6% in realtors fees.  In
return, these sellers have donated a total of $102,000 to TVC.

I’ve given a number of workshops/talks about the Resale and Rental program we
have created here at TVC.  I've presented at least two CohoUS national
cohousing conferences in Nashville and Portland (thank you CohoUS!).  And, I
was able to present remotely via Zoom video conferencing at the NE regional
conference in 2018 (thank you Pioneer Valley and other organizers of that
conference.  Thanks also to Raines Cohen who handled the technical aspects of
the remote presentation.)

I’ve also distributed our Resale forms to a few communities.

Now, I have a presentation to my community about our Resale program here at TVC
a week from this Sunday.

I’m very interested in finding out if:

1.  any communities have instituted a resale/rental program based on our
program at TVC.  Even if you’ve modified the program or only used part of it …
can you let me know?  We have extensive information on our website —
takomavillage.org — where you can find lots of info for Sellers and Buyers. So
if you adopted any of the information on our website please let me know that,
too?

2.  you have a resale and rental program of your own … can you very briefly
describe the program, point me to a website, or send me information?

3.  you have a process for new members to join your community …  e..g. attend a
meeting, dinner, write a bio, or anything else?

4.  you have no process for new people joining your community or selling a home
in your community what has been your experience of that?  Do new members
participate in member meetings? Teams? Work days? Social events? Dinners?

You don’t need to write an essay.  Grateful for any information you wish to
share w/ the whole list or privately w/ me. If you don’t want to be identified
in my presentation I won’t use any names or identifying information.

Thanks!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

Dear Karma — I have a list of people you missed.