Zoom Meetings & Gather now has a built-in online forum
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 08:20:42 -0700 (PDT)
> Tom Smyth <tom [at] tomsmyth.ca>

>   - Adding laundry room to reservations (with a 3 hour time limit) so
>   folks can use it one at a time
>   - For folks who've bought a Zoom subscription, adding the Zoom room as a
>   reservable resource
>   - Using the meal cancellation feature so that messages are automatically
>   sent out and meal average diner statistics aren't affected

I think it is awesome the number of features you have been able to add. It
helps so much for the computer resistant to be able to find everything in one
place and have ONE sign in. Someone else is now doing the email and web support
for individuals but when I was doing it, I kept track of people’s passwords.
Since I had set up the account for them, they thought I was responsible for
saving it. This is 20 years later and there are fewer people in this category
but the proliferation of Google docs, meeting confirmation sites, email lists,
and public sites can be dizzying. And now Zoom calls.

To have one Zoom account would be a blessing. We’ve been piggybacking on
personal and office accounts. The membership meeting we had last week via Zoom
went very well, although we were not dealing with a complicated consensus item.
We had more members in attendance than usual and didn’t have to hire childcare.
I didn’t count but I think more adults in 2 adult households attended. Most
often we just get one.

One thing that was very nice is that everyone’s voice was of equal strength. It
wasn’t just the raise hand and more methodical calling on people, but the
voices were equally clear and loud. We have a dining room in which it is hard
to hear from one nook to the other, as well as some members who just will not
speak up. And older people, like myself, who have lost the ability to hear
whispers. In large open spaces, hearing aids just create different noise
problems.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines