Re: Disinfecting CommonHoouse
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 14:00:36 -0700 (PDT)
    At Swans Market Our common House isn’t locked, for one thing the elevator
is in there, so we have just stopped having Common Dinners and meetings in
there.  Some individuals  use the tables to spread work out on but rarely more
than one at a time.  We have placed spray bottles of disinfectant and soft
cloths near every door and the elevator and people are encouraged to wipe down
door handles, elevator buttons, and any surface that you use in the Common
House.  We have even stopped hiring outside cleaners which we used to do once a
month on the theory that we are a kind of extended family unit and we shouldn’t
have outsiders come in, extra risk.  As for cleaning solutions for hard
surfaces a 9 parts water to 1 part household bleach kills just about every
nasty thing out there.  That’s what we used to use daily in the lab where I
worked dealing with sick patients and infected samples.  You have to be sure
the bleach is fresh and not exposed to light since it becomes less potent with
exposure to UV rays. Also you should use gloves since bleach is hard on your
hands.  The Corona virus is fragile, just dish soap and water is enough if
that’s all you are worried about.
        Bonnie Fergusson
    Swans Market Cohousing
        Oakland, CA