Contentious issues?
From: Al (alalparrish.ca)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 08:47:10 -0700 (PDT)
Our cohousing group is at the land search phase of development. We have
developed a tight-knit group with a strong culture of intentionality,
discussion and decision making. As we approach building and moving in together,
we are working on formalizing community guidelines for both social and business
interactions. We use sociocracy as our system of decision making and
self-governance. It works really well but my partner and I lived in cohousing
where we dealt with issues (e. g. pet policy, naked swimming in the pond,
etc...) so we are aware how strong opinions can be and how surprisingly
contentious various issues can be.
WRCP is interested in knowing what issues other groups have found complex or
contentious, and what creative solutions you have found.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Parrish
Process Steering Circle
Waterloo Region Cohousing Project