Re: Unit selection before pricing
From: Janet Murphy (janetmusicrngmail.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 17:10:20 -0800 (PST)
We had prices at selection time and they were locked in. I wasn’t in on
that magic calculation, but it really helped. Don’t you need pricing to
make sure you can recoup your building costs?
Buyers often underestimate what units will cost. They think cohousing will
be cheaper than the market. Prices help buyers who can’t afford to buy in
the area not get their hopes up. They also help communities in development
see if they are creating a modest or luxury place to live.
Janet Murphy
Arboretum Cohousing, Madison WI