Cohousing traffic studies - Nyland
From: Midcoast Cohousing (midcoastcohousinggmail.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 10:53:12 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Friends,

I asked about this topic last fall for a new cohousing project I’m working on
in Maine.  In the string of previous emails about this topic (see below),
Sheila Braun of Champlain Valley Cohousing mentioned that she’d post a copy of
an EPA study of Nyland in Colorado that found that residents made 25% fewer car
trips per household than adjacent condos and single-family homes.

I haven’t been able to find the study on the website (but I have no idea how to
do that!), so I wonder if someone could send me a copy?  My email to Sheila was
bounced back.

And any other info on traffic studies in cohousing would be great.

Thanks!

Rozanna

_____________________
Rozanna Patane
Midcoast Cohousing LLC
PO Box 592
York Harbor, ME 03911
H  207-363-7748
C  207-351-5042

RE: Re: [C-L]Traffic Studies <– Date –> <– Thread –>
From: sbraun (sbraun gmavt.net)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:55:03 -0700 (MST)
The second study is the one I have a copy of. It actually isn't true that
they compared the cohousing community against other local
communities-rather, they compared it with standards expectations of traffic.
It's possible that no built community drives as much as planners expect.
Unless anybody objects, I'll post the study to the list so it gets into the
archives. But give me a few days to enter it into my computer.
Sheila
Project Coordinator
Champlain Valley Cohousing
www.champlainvalleycohousing.org