Re: On "consensed" [was Request from Manzanita Village in Arizona: How does your community handle members who abuse the community e-mail?
From: Chuck Harrison (cfharrgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 15:27:43 -0800 (PST)
I have found "consense" creeping into usage in our cohousing group over the
last few years and I have no problem with it.

As used in this community, "to consense on" means "to reach consensus on";
it is useful jargon in the context of a group using formal consensus
decisionmaking. (In such a context, "consensus" itself is a jargon word.)

Note that grammatically a *group* will "consense on", while *individuals*
"consent to".

In local usage I also hear "let's consense on this topic" to mean "let's
discuss this using the consensus process", without there being a specific
proposal seeking consensus; this feels clear enough if a bit sloppy to me,
but I am not prone to agitation about orthology.

Chuck