Re: mediators
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 17:48:25 -0800 (PST)
This offering is a series of classes on facilitation. He does both
facilitation training and community mediation (and maybe other things but
I'm familiar with those).

>From my community's experiences with Laird, he's very direct and can come
across as confrontational if you bring him in to mediate interpersonal
problems in the community, but he is also a very skilled facilitator and
teacher of facilitation.

What I see as a perhaps problematic aspect of sending any number of your
members to his facilitation course is that it is a 2-year commitment to go
through all of it, it's pretty expensive, and you can't be sure that those
members who have gone through the training will remain in the community and
continue to facilitate in the long term. Those who do can be a great asset
to the community, especially if they're able to teach others what they
learned, but at the least they can model and perform good facilitation.