Salt-free water conditioners, anyone?
From: Ken Fox (ken.2.foxgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 14:23:03 -0800 (PST)
We recently discovered that our old ion exchange water softener (the kind
that uses salt) hasn't been working for a while now. Our city water, at 19
grains, is fairly hard. We're discussing whether to replace it with a new
ion exchange water softener or a salt free water conditioner. The device
under consideration uses something called Template Assisted Crystallization
(TAC). It doesn't actually "soften" the water but it prevents scale build
up in pipes and appliances. It's a third party proven technology and it's
especially popular in localities that have restrictions on water softeners
that use salt.

Is there anyone out there who has experience with this kind of device and
would be willing to give us any advice?

Thanks,
Ken Fox
Monterey Cohousing Community