Sample Rules and Regulations
From: Ed Sutton (ed440me.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 04:52:52 -0800 (PST)
Takoma Village and Mosaic Commons have posted excellent examples of Rules and
Regulations.

I strongly recommend that cohousing groups undertake drafting clear and
difficult policies before building and moving in.
Once conflicting parties have dug in their heels and people have taken sides,
it is very hard to establish a conflict resolution protocol!
Once a loving person has begun feeding feral cats, it is too late to write a
pet policy.

In consensus process, procrastination can be weaponized and a history of
avoidance becomes the community precedent/common law.
And in many cases, once someone has purchased a home, the community has little
or no legal recourse to enforce community rules or consensus decisions.

It is very important that people considering moving to a cohousing community
read and agree to clear descriptions of expected behavior before buying in.

Ed Sutton
Eno Commons
Durham NC