Re: Why we can’t get it right once and for all
From: Martie Weatherly (mhweatherlyearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:02:53 -0700 (PDT)
I am adding to Sharon's post on why we can't write all the rules of our
community before move in. I assume the premise for getting all the rules right
is that we want people who believe as we do about the important things.

That misses the point that consensus welcomes different points of view. The
underlying value in being a collaborative community is to honor and respect
different points of view looking for a solution that is the best one for the
whole community at that time.

Therefore it seems to me that trying to get all the rules in place before will
not work because there will still be differences of opinion that you will have
to work out. The ability to do that is the heart of consensus. Best to learn
that before move in and you will have a foundation to resolve differences.

Martie Weatherly

Health and Wellness Coach
Consensus Coach
coachmartie.com