Re: community guidelines re covid vaccinations
From: fernselzer (fernselzeraol.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 11:22:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone:
1.In our rather small community (11 townhomes) our common house team had less
community work to do than usual, since the CH is rarely used and people need
to, themselves, clean well after use.  So most of those CH team members took
over the job of researching and proposing our COVID guidelines.
2.They came up with a proposal with much interaction over email with the rest
of the community.  3. The proposal went to our regular community meeting for
discussion and approval.  Exceptions have been made as needed.  For example, a
grandmother who takes care of her grandchild for some overnight visits asked
for him to be part of the NBCH children's pod.  Requests for exceptions are
communicated by email and we have been able to work all of them out easily.
4 The CH/COVID team continues to be tracking CDC and other sources of
information and asks community members to send requests for changes in our
agreements, which are updated as needed, with the agreement of the community.
Everyone in our community seems to recognize the seriousness of COVID and
wishes to follow public health advisories, with our own individual slants and
decisions.   We have agreed,  with consensus, for  different "rules" for
vaccinated and unvaccinated in shared spaces. That will be evolving of course.
Fern SelzerNBCH CohousingAptos, CA