Re: Affordable (Co)housing
From: Hafidha Sofia (hafidhaaogmail.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 16:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
> But if you left, you took nothing with you. They had invested a lot of time
> and energy to something they just walked out of.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. I have been a renter all but a few years of my
life. I have never needed to walk away with more cash than I came in with to
make a house a home.  The benefits of living in a close knit community and
having a shared vision and caring neighbors are hard to put a price on.

For me the spirit of cohousing is inherently counter cultural; otherwise the
result is cohousing communities that are actually gated communities.

Hafidha
Songaia Cohousing
Washington State, USA

Sent from my iPhone