Policies at first move-in?
From: Abe Ross (cohoyotegmail.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 13:39:29 -0700 (PDT)
We at Treehouse Village Ecohousing are looking forward to moving into our co-housing community when construction is complete in fall, 2022.  At that time, we will transition from a development corporation into a condominium corporation. As part of that transition, we will need to have a declaration and by-laws (developed by a lawyer) and some policies already developed.  As one of the members involved in that transition I am wondering if those of you who have already been through this transition have recommendations about policies we should (or should not) have in place when we are ready to move in.  Also, are there any policies which you think should be put into the by-laws?

Note that not only am I asking what you did, I am also asking what, in retrospect, you wish you had or had not done about these at that time.

I have looked through the archive and can find nothing relevant to these questions.  It is possible that I am using the wrong search term. If there is a body of knowledge already in the list, please point me to it.

Abe Ross
Treehouse Village Ecohousing
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Canada
https://treehousevillage.ca/

--
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created
them.

[Albert Einstein]