Re: Deaf members
From: Hafidha Sofia (hafidhaaogmail.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 20:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
A frequent feedback we’ve heard since the pandemic is that with almost all
meetings switched to Zoom platform, those who are hard of hearing have reporter
improved access to conversations and proceedings. They can hear and follow the
flows of meetings much better.

This reminds me: Zoom now has artificial intelligence closed captioning (they
call it “Live Transcription”) for all Pro accounts now. It has to be enabled in
the Settings on the Zoom account; under “Settings,” find Closed Captions
setting and make sure to tick the button that enables “Live Transcription.”

Then, during meetings, the host has to turn on Live Transcriptions.

Those AI transcriptions aren’t always accurate but they can help folks follow
along with what’s being said.

Hafidha
Songaia Cohousing
Washington State, USA