Re: Post COVID accessibility
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 04:29:20 -0700 (PDT)
We have done this in our CoHousing when the pandemic first hit, and there
were some who couldn't/wouldn't use zoom in their homes and it was
spring/summer and the second wave hadnt struck (we have since worked on
this and right now everyone zooms on a separate computer for their
household).
It was quite a lot of work to set up, but this is how we did it:
We had
- A computer set up in our dining room with
    -a projector
    - a screen (although a large LCD screen would do the same job and be
quicker to set up)
- a soundsystem with
   - Microphone
   - Speakers
- Chairs in a circle
   - a chair directly in front of the computer for speakers
- A dedicated 'zoom jockey' (me)
- A facilitator (we have a tight process of facilitation where only one
person speaks at a time). Facilitator was usually on zoom
- Sound set up so that there was no feedback through the in-person room

When a person wanted to speak and they were on zoom or in-person, they
raised hand, and 'zoom jockey' wrote their name in chat. Sometimes a second
person helped with this
When a person in the in-person room went to speak, they moved to the chair
in front of the computer so they could be seen on zoom, or the microphone
was brought to them (for a couple of people with mobility issues).
We got it down to a reasonably-well-oiled system, although it was a lot of
work, and the major challenge was making the full in-person crew visible on
camera. This can be done if you have two cameras- one up high that can pan
the whole room (although of course it makes everyone pin-head small!), and
one on the computer, and a zoom-jockey competent to switch between the two.
Mostly we just had the one in front of the computer, so that in-person or
on-zoom 'I can see everyone if I look for them' feeling wasn't there. But
it worked for the most part.

Hope that's helpful