Re: Post COVID accessibility
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 11:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all —

I haven’t had any experience in hybrid Zoom meetings but I have plenty of
experience in hybrid meetings between a F2F meeting and people on a phone
conference line.  It requires the facilitator to be more alert to looping
people on the phone into the meeting esp. around Q&A time. One thing having
people on a phone line does is to insure people who are together and people on
the phone talk one at a time.   Of course, people on the phone can’t see charts
or videos shown to the in-person meeting but you can rectify that by having all
the a/v material distributed in advance such as powerpoint presentations so the
phone folks can follow along.

Love the idea of intensive training for people a la the tech side.  Suggest
minimum TWO people are trained so there’s always a backup.  Three even better.

Best —

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Ex. Dir. & Mbr. Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654
midatlantic [at] earthlink.net

When Isaac Newton stayed home to avoid the 1665 plague, he discovered the Laws
of Gravity, Optics, and he invented Calculus

NOTE:  I’m switching back to using zabaldo [at] earthlink.net.  Many apologies!