"deaf" members
From: Melanie G (gomelaniegogmail.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 21:52:37 -0700 (PDT)
"I'm curious to understand why you can't just ask her how and why zoom
improves her access."

I am hard of hearing.  Zoom has meant I no longer need to wear my hearing
aid when with others.

FIrstly, because I can hear each person separately.

Secondly, because I can read people's lips more easily (this mask stuff has
been really tough).

Thirdly, because I can adjust the volume out there, rather than trying to
adjust it right near my ears.  Because adjusting one's hearing aid can
sound like a ton of paper crinkling happening near your ear.  Heck, even
putting your hair behind your ears sounds like sandpaper.

You're supposed to eventually learn to ignore those sounds after wearing
your hearing aid regularly. But that would kind of suck too, no?  I don't
want to become desensitized to any more sound than I already have. Besides,
I love not having to wear it at all.

Hope that helps.
melanie - seeker