Info Requested: Teams & Governance Structures
From: Ellis Cohen (e.cohenacm.org)
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 19:48:15 -0700 (PDT)
Bay State Commons is a 30-unit urban cohousing community in development close to Boston.  We're about 9 months away from move-in, and in the midst of planning what our teams and governance structure are going to look like once we move in.

As part of our planning, I'm collecting information about how other cohousing communities are organized.  I'd appreciate getting (a link to) info about the specific teams/committees defined by your community (and if you're using sociocracy or some other multilevel structure, how they're structured).  I'll be putting together a summary document with all the info I receive (unless you let me know you want something to be private), and I'll post a link to it here when I'm done.

If you have time, any additional information would be helpful as well, such as * If you use sociocracy (or some other multilevel structure), how did you decide what your top-level teams should be? * If you have HOA officers or an HOA board, how do they integrate with the rest of your governance structure?
* Who plans the agenda for your community meetings?
* How does your community determine which decisions are left to teams, and which need to be made by the entire community? * If a community member has a concern about how a team is functioning, how a decision has been made, or about the governance structure as a whole, how is that handled?
* Anything else? -- e.g. what works and doesn't work?

Thanks
  -- Ellis Cohen, Bay State Commons