Re: recording a Zoom meeting
From: Hafidha Sofia (hafidhaaogmail.com)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 18:02:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Muriel,
We decided a while back not to record our monthly “house meetings.” Primary
considerations for us:
Storing the videos presents an issue (Zoom doesn’t give a lot of capacity
unless you pay extra).
Meetings had never been recorded prior to the pandemic; for 20+ years people
had either attended in person or missed them.
Relatedly, we have excellent scribes who take minutes that are sent out within
1-2 days of the meeting. A person who has missed a meeting can refer to those.
Since the pandemic, the meetings had become more accessible due to being held
on Zoom.
Very few people are likely to follow through on watching the recordings of
2-hour meetings.
A number of people felt self-conscious about being recorded and watched later.
Privacy concerns.

Hafidha
Songaia

Sent from my iPhone