Transferring a Zoom cloud recording to Google Drive without download
From: Scott Drennan (scottdpobox.com)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 20:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, May 5, 2021 Fred <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote:
<snip>

> Can anyone explain a way to move a Zoom recording from Zoom
> to Google Drive without having to download/upload for those of us
> who have limited bandwidth?

Hi Fred,

There are two documented approaches I'm aware of, assuming this is a
Zoom account which you control:

1. Use a Zapier integration e.g.
    https://zapier.com/blog/upload-zoom-recordings-google-drive/
2. Subscribe to the Splain connector for Google Drive
    https://splain.io/gDrive.html at $4.99/month

Either of these should work well - we generally edit our recordings
before sharing, so haven't used the direct transfer approach.  I'm not
sure whether the Zapier integration requires a paid account or not. If
a paid account is required, Zapier might be a bit of overkill.

If the person looking to do this is more technical, then Zoom provides
an API to access download URLs - it's possible to use a server on the
Internet to download the recording, and install one of the available
Google Drive CLI tools on that server and use that to upload.  Perhaps
more effort than it's worth given the other available options.

cheers,
Scott

Treehouse Village Ecohousing
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia