BUY THIS BOOK
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 07:49:04 -0700 (PDT)
Who decides who decides? How to start a group so everyone can have a voice by
Ted Rau
https://amzn.to/3eYtWZR

Hot off the presses this is the best book on sociocracy for people who just
want to get a group going or to restart one. The description says 200 pages but
don’t be cowed —it is as useful as a 100 page booklet. This is the short,
everything book that people have been asking for for years and years.

Ted and Jerry Koch-Gonzalez founded Sociocracy for All which has become a power
house of webinars, certification programs, blogs, practice groups, and
everything else. Sociocracy will soon be a household word! (How’s that for
hyperbole?)

Seriously, Ted has a way with words that relates the rather dry subject to the
everyday feelings of not quite knowing what to do next, or if we know we don’t
want to do it. “I’ve been there” is his frequent refrain. He conveys his energy
and focus on getting things done. It’s a pleasure to read.

The information is concise and friendly, easy to follow, explained clearly. Ted
has perfected a system of 3 meetings to start or restart a group. He lays out
what needs to be accomplished in each meeting to form a group that is focused
and clear on its objective, and knows what to do next. He includes a number of
cheat sheets to guide facilitators and explains the roles necessary to keep a
group functioning — a leader, a meeting facilitator, a secretary, and an
advocate who can speak for the group.

I could write about this book for a long time but really, just buy it. You
won’t be sorry.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Coauthor with John Buck of
"We the People: Consenting to a Deeper Democracy"
https://amzn.to/3b6PW3G