500 Communities Program
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 15:24:14 -0700 (PDT)
The cohousing professional certification program by Katie McCamant is its last
steps of choosing candidates for this years class. I attended one of the
webinars and was very impressed by the design of the program. Katie is the
queen of cohousing so you know the information she imparts will be accurate and
helpful. She has the widest experience of probably anyone in cohousing.

But in addition to that the program is well conceived and fits into her long
term goal of increasing the number of cohousing communities by increasing the
number of cohousing professionals. It’s very much like the practical portion of
graduate degrees in which students work with a mentor and meet in seminars to
share information on their practicum whether that is a demonstration of
professional level research or field project.

The program is designed for people who want to go beyond just finishing their
own project. it’s for people who want to go on to develop other communities.
Professionals are particularly needed in parts of the country without cohousing
communities now.

Information is below:

> 500 Communities Program Updates | May 2021
>
> We are heading into our final month of our application period for the 500
> Communities Program.
>
> Applications for this year's 500 Communities Program will close on June 15th,
> and we are beginning our series of Follow-up Webinars.
>
> If you are considering applying to the 500 Communities Program, we highly
> recommend that you attend our next webinar and apply early.
>
> The 500 Communities Program only runs ever 2-3 years with intentionally
> intimate class sizes, so the application process is competitive. We do not
> recommend applying at the last minute.
>
> Follow-up Webinar
> May 19th - 5:00 - 6:00PM Pacific
>
> These Follow-up Webinars are for prospective applicants who have attended at
> least one of our Introduction Webinars. During the Follow-up Webinars Katie
> McCant will host a more candid conversation about the 500 Communities Program
> to get to know the participants, answer questions, and hear from program
> graduates and affiliates. If you have already applied or intend to apply to
> the 500 Communities Program, we highly recommend attending our upcoming
> Follow-up Webinar.
> Save Your Seat at the Webinar
>
> Want to attend a Follow-up Webinar but missed our Introduction Webinars? Let
> us know!
> Learn more about the 500 Communities Program and apply
>
> CoHousing Solutions
> www.cohousing-solutions.com
> info [at] cohousing-solutions.com
> (530) 478-1970
> Sustainable Community Consulti | PO Box 189, Nevada City, CA 95959 5309131733

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines
http://affordablecohousing.com