Re: Sociocracy for Small Groups?
From: Ted J Rau (tedsociocracyforall.org)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 09:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Frances,
You've already received some good replies.

3 things I want to offer:
(1) While I agree with Diana in principle about the systems that need to
click into place, it's helpful to have the entry into sociocracy
"linearized" - what does one do first, what next, etc.? That's what my
latest book Who Decides Who Decides
<http://www.sociocracyforall.org/who-decides-who-decides> provides. It's
for forming groups, so your group size works perfectly. And then you either
grow and use more of the structure, or you don't :)
(2) We have a video-led sociocracy training
<http://www.sociocracyforall.org/elc> with group exercises that is
self-serve so you can schedule as you wish. That's how you can create the
shared reality/knowledge base for everyone in the group.
(3) I also agree on Sharon's point on mental clarity that's useful no
matter what group size. I wrote an article about that, called Everyday
Sociocracy <https://www.sociocracyforall.org/everyday-sociocracy/>.

Good luck to your group!
Ted