Commonhouse useage
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 06:16:05 -0700 (PDT)
Yes.  Our CommonHouse is happily well used.
Way beyond what can be factored on a financial basis.
Pre The-Pause we had meals 3x p week.

And meetings meetings meeting.

And our well loved events including making VDay cards.
Birthday events
Sing-alongs, etc.

And even during the Pause,  folks were happy to have it for a variety of uses
including meeting with a friend to jam [masked.]

We started with a pretty tight space: good sized kitchen,  cobbled together,
and Dining/multi-purpose room + bathroom.  Laundry in basement.  And twelve
households.
Eventually we added a Living Room.  Not huge [we are now maxed out at 19
households.] and it makes a huge difference.
If atall possible your group may want to build what you can for now with an eye
for possible expansion.  We didn’t plan for this——  and were still able to
expand.  If you are allocating resources you may want to put more towards as
big a CommonHouse as can be sensible managed rather than splurging of great
furniture,  which can always come later.  We managed with used kitchen
appliances for years.

BTW,  our neighbor is moving away,  so we have a large house, I think four
bedrooms + for sale at Family Friendly Cantines Island in Saugerties.