Re: Important: Encourage people to join the list
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 16, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Actually email is about the worst possible way to have discussions like
> these.

Why? I hear people maintain this often, but I hear no reasons for it. It does
require a moderator, like any discussion, to keep things on track and summarize
“where we are”, but I’ve had and seen much more convoluted and fierce
discussions in every other format, especially F2F.

> The only thing good about it compared to technology designed specifically
> for group discussion, like Reddit, is that it’s a push system (stuff just
> arrived in my email box) rather than a pull system (I have to take action
> to access the content like visit a website).

Can you explain how Reddit works? I haven’t made a study of it but I can’t see
the advantages.

(And the gray type on a black ground is a no go. I can’t imagine that this got
through an accessibility test.)

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines, Editor & Publisher
Affordable Housing means 30% of household income
Cohousing means self-developed, self-governed, self-managed
http://affordablecohousing.com

To subscribe to the discussion list send a blank message to:
affordablecohousing+subscribe [at] groups.io