Shifting Coho Norms?
From: Zev Paiss (zevpaissgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 10:19:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

As many of the participants on this list know, I have been involved in
cohousing since it started back in the very early 1990’s. I was recently
involved in a sharing meeting in our community and learned that some of the
assumptions I have been operating under around the expectations and motivations
of some of our more recent community members, are quite different than what we
all had when our process began almost 25 years ago. A request of a neighbor
that may have very well been 100% acceptable early on is sometimes perceived as
invasive or crossing a line between neighbors.

Have any of you longer time cohousers experienced anything similar?

Zev Paiss
Nomad Cohousing
Boulder, CO