language in Home Owners Association documents
From: Marcia Zuckerman (marciazuckermanmac.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:08:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I’m at Bay State Commons; we're building a 30-unit urban community in Malden,
MA [occupancy Q1 2022!].  We’re reviewing our Home Owners Association [HOA]
documents and struggling with language about potentially offensive activity.
The current draft says,

8. OFFENSIVE ACTIVITIES. No owner may use or maintain his or her Unit or the
Common Areas appurtenant thereto for any purpose or in any manner which is
contrary to any applicable law, rule, regulation or requirement of any
governmental authority, or for any purpose which would constitute a nuisance or
be offensive to a majority of the Trustees.

Some people are concerned about making the law paramount, given the history of
laws that supported slavery and outlawed currently legal activities such as
sodomy, cannabis, and miscegenation.  Do other communities make reference to
laws in their HOA documents?

Thanks,

Marcia Zuckerman
Bay State Commons