Re: Communication platforms
From: Henning Mortensen (hmortensengmail.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 15:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Muriel,
Box.com is similar to google drive.
They give us 10GB of storage and they aren't google.
The folder permissions at the free level are a bit weak in that permissions
apply to a whole root folder.
That is to give our legal finance team a private folder, I had to create a
new folder off the root and give it the appropriate permissions. All
subfolders share permissions with the level 1 folder.

The links in box are kind of an all or nothing share. If you share a link,
anyone with the link can access the file. It is a special link to allow
editing.

I have been leaning more to NextCloud for file sharing. It is open source
and you can host it yourself or have someone host it for a fee. It has much
better permissions (unix strength permissions) and you can send out many
different links, password protected, time sensitive, etc. It also does a
lot more than just file sharing,; like calendars, recipe cards, world radio
stations, and much more. Turn on only the features you want.
unfortunately, my community is not ready for this change yet.

hope that helps.
Henning