Re: Land acknowledgement
From: Richard Gravrok (rick.gravrokgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 04:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
These are what I use in different venues or groups.

GENERIC Land Acknowledgement (for anywhere in USA):
We collectively acknowledge that we reside on this land that was cared for and
called home by Native peoples from time immemorial, we offer this land
acknowledgment, affirm tribal sovereignty and hold ourselves and affiliations
accountable to American Indian peoples and nations.

MINNESOTA Land Acknowledgement
We collectively acknowledge that Minnesota is located on the traditional,
ancestral, and contemporary lands of Indigenous peoples. As people residing on
this land that was cared for and called home by the Anishinaabe, Dakota, or
Northern Cheyenne peoples, and other Native peoples from time immemorial, we
offer this land acknowledgment, affirm tribal sovereignty and hold ourselves
and affiliations accountable to American Indian peoples and nations.

Also, we acknowledge and honor the Black, Asian and immigrant peoples who built
the wealth and infrastructure of this land, much of it as racialized slaves,
this traumatic legacy - of which exists today in the USA - where slavery still
flourishes legally as mass incarceration. We commit to building a just and
equitable world together with and for people of all colors, a planet more
secure/harmonious/safe and life-giving for all creation.
I use them at my UU church (First Universalist Church of Mpls regularly with
our Environmental Justice team) and in my Men’s group (the ManKind Project).
MKP USA has an alliance with a community of Native Americans at Pineridge
Indian Reservation, if interested check out: http://mkpusa.org/oyate/

Miigwech

Rick Gravrok
952-220-8153 iPhone