Land acknowledgement
From: David Entin (davidhentingmail.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 03:55:26 -0700 (PDT)
The Land Acknowledgement and Indigenous Peoples team at Rocky Hill Cohousing
has completed some research on the history of our land and developed a
statement acknowledging who inhabited our land before colonial settlement and
appropriation.  We have opened our recent community meetings by reading this
land acknowledgement statement.   We are wondering what other cohousing
communities have done to acknowledge the original indigenous inhabitants of the
land their cohousing community now occupies.  We would welcome hearing from
other communities through this medium or direct email contact.  Thank you.
David Entin. davidentin [at] comcast.net <mailto:davidentin [at] comcast.net>