Re: Counting the # of Residents for Setting the HOA Dues for a Condo Building
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:57:23 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

We at JP Cohousing use the percentage interest in the Master Deed to set the percentage of the total net budget that each unit pays.

That's the straightforward part. As to what the percentage interests are, that was set during development based mostly on square footage but also on floor level, view, nearby noise from traffic, trains, etc., private yard space (that a few units have), deed-restricted units, etc. We had our project consultant propose them, then tweaked them until we got to agreement. Although we came close at one point when of the units changed its size, we have not changed those percentages since.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing, Boston, MA