online banking problem
From: Deb Roth (deb.roththinkpolicy.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2026 16:46:52 -0700 (PDT)
We opened a new account at Wells Fargo a few months ago, intending to
transfer and close our current operating account. We had several reasons
why it's a good move but we've hit a brick wall on something that makes no
sense to us. We're curious whether what we're experiencing is a normal
feature for online banking with commercial accounts, regardless of the
bank. If it's not, we're open to suggestions for other banks that might
better meet a cohousing community's needs.

I pay bills out of our operating account and though it's taken over a year,
we've almost completely stopped writing checks. Yay! The obstacle with
Wells Fargo is that the two people authorized to pay bills online (me and
another community member) can't see what the other person has entered until
a payment posts.

For example, I added several payees to the account, but those payees are
not visible to the other person authorised to pay bills online. Likewise,
she added some payees and her entries are not visible to me. When payments
are actually scheduled, I can't see her payments and she can't see mine
until the payment posts, which is usually a day or two later but can take
as much as five business days for individual payees who don't use Zelle.

Wells Fargo initially said the problem occurred because we were
"authorized" but not at an "executive level or officer" status."  They told
us this was an important security feature but that the problem could be
fixed if we became "executives."  So we did but it didn't solve the
problem. We were then told this is not a fixable problem. That's the part
that doesn't make sense. If the two authorized users don't have access to
the same information, getting the job done is more difficult.

I'm waiting to hear back from the bank's "escalation team." I don't know
where that will lead. Are we just not understanding how this should work?

Many thanks for any and all input.

In community,
Deb


-- 
Deb Roth
(916) 549-5222

Pronouns: she, her, hers

I include pronouns to raise awareness of gender identities and share my
commitment to transgender, gender nonconforming and nonbinary inclusivity
and visibility.

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.