Re: On-line community Calendar: please send info re: the one you use.
From: Sean Davey (seansonoracohousing.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2026 07:58:02 -0700 (PDT)
hi Fiona,

there are no additional costs. I originally wrote the software for my own 
community and then realized I could provide it to other communities as well. 
I'm happy to be able to give something back. I'm a believer in open source 
software and in people sharing their talents. I've certainly benefited from the 
generosity of many others. And the communities have been a great source of 
suggestions and requests for new features so it's kind of a collaboration. 
Having said all that, there have been communities who decided not to go with 
Mosaic because they felt that it was better to stick with commercial companies. 
Communities can export their data at any time from Mosaic and I also have an 
option to setup a site for a community where they use and pay for their own 
hosting (around $20/month at OpalStack). So far two of the 60+ communities that 
use Mosaic have chosen that option. Either way, I still provide maintenance, 
support, and new features for as long as the community wishes.

best,
  Sean

> On Oct 2, 2026, at 12:16 PM, Fiona Frank <fionafrank [at] gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> wow Sean, why do you do this free, what are the additional costs? 
> 
> linktr.ee/fionafrank <http://linktr.ee/fionafrank>
> 
> 
> 
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2026 at 11:49, Sean Davey via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at] 
> cohousing.org <mailto:cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>> wrote:
>> Hi Ruth,
>> 
>> Mosaic provides calendars and much more for cohousing communities. More info 
>> at https://cohousing.site <https://cohousing.site/> 
>> <https://cohousing.site/> (hosting and custom features are free).
>> 
>> You can have an unlimited number of calendars. Communities often have a main 
>> calendar, a calendar for each group/team/committee, a private calendar for 
>> each household, a common meal calendar, a guest room calendar, and maybe 
>> even a calendar for eggs if they have chickens.
>> 
>> The common meal calendar is highly configurable for different meal systems 
>> and integrates with the Accounting module for automatic invoicing. The guest 
>> room calendar(s) also are integrated with Accounting.
>> 
>> Some communities have requested calendars for their laundry room machine 
>> use. Others for reservations for private events in certain spaces. And 
>> others for marking "away" time when members are away from the community. I'm 
>> very happy to add new types of calendars as well.
>> 
>> Calendars can have repeating events and all-day events and all the usual 
>> things you would expect from an online calendar. They can optionally track 
>> space usage with our without fees and generate several different types of 
>> reports.
>> 
>> Please let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to set up a site 
>> for your community.
>> 
>> best,
>>   Sean

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.