Copy of: Elderly living in cohousing.
From: Dan Suchman (71756.2661compuserve.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 95 10:04 CST
---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:   Dan Suchman, 71756,2661
TO:     Vanessa Burholt, INTERNET:sos048 [at] clss1.bangor.ac.uk
DATE:   3/8/95 3:21 PM

RE:     Copy of: Elderly living in cohousing.

Hello, Vanessa.

I live at Winslow Cohousing, Bainbridge Island, Washington, in the US.  Our
community contains 30 households, of which three are currently occupied by
single people over 60 (One is almost 80.  I'm not sure of the others' ages).  At
one time there were as many as six households occupied by seniors, both single
and with partners.  I am reluctant to speak for my neighbors about the benefits
to them of living in cohousing, except to say that the three seniors currently
here seem to enjoy it.  Perhaps you could email to me a list of specific
questions that I could print and place in their respective mailboxes.  I could
then forward to you any answers that I receive.

Good luck with your work.

Dan Suchman