What drives the Co in Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 06:33:02 -0600 (MDT)
> Here in Melbourne, coffee has a role to play in promoting the "co". It is
> universally acknowledged as pleasant to sip a cappucino sitting outside on
> the street. So perhaps it's not only the common meals but the associations
> with coffee that will drive the "co" in cohousing.

I'm thinking that at the moment, as a newly moved in group, that cappucino
would be an easier invitation than meals since our kitchen isn't completely
up to speed (nor are the cooks -- no one standing in line to do this), BUT
how do you get a whole group to attach to a manageable number of drinks???

Coffee and  no coffee
caffeine and decaffeinated
milk (cream is beyond the pale) and no dairy
juice and no sugar
fresh and no cans or bottles
diet coke and no soda (pop)
herbal tea and real tea
hot and ice please

Do you think we could get Starbucks to develop a cohousing chain? Part of
their well-known pro bono department?

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org