Re: Technology question: Meal system
From: Bryan Syverson (bryan.syversonfresnocohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 07:21:04 -0800 (PST)
Hi-
Here at La Querencia (Fresno, CA) we have a hybrid system (to match all of
the hybrid cars!)
Cooks send an email ("I'm cooking dinner on Saturday") and post an entry on
our on-line community calendar (Google calendar).
The cook also posts a physical sign-up sheet that gives the dates, menu,
etc.
So all sign-ups for eating meals are on paper, although a diner can e-mail
the cook, of course.
All sign-ups for helping with clean-up are also on paper.
Only the announcement & scheduling are on-line.
This system generally works OK.
-Bryan Syverson