Re: Technology question: Meal system
From: Sean Davey (seansonoracohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:23:01 -0800 (PST)
Catya wrote:
> If your community does something great with > technology to handle meal
RSVP etc, tell me
> about it?
I've written a web site for Sonora Cohousing and one of the things it has is a
Common Meal calendar. Cooks post meals, people can sign up for jobs to help
with meal and families can sign up to eat at the meal (number of adults,
children and "under fives"). The cook can change the price of a meal and the
system adds in a small amount which goes to the kitchen supplies fund. After a
meal each household is automatically invoiced on their HOA account for the
meal. The system also tracks the work ratio for households (we encourage folks
to work a meal for every four times they eat).

I'm making the web site available to other communities for free. See
http://www.zenlunatics.org/mosaic for more information. I'd be happy to work
with communities who have different meal systems and write custom code to
support that. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

sean