Re: Looking for a communications tool
From: lienjud (lienjudaol.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 09:53:14 -0700 (PDT)
Cascadia Commons in Portland adopted using groups.io last year. we did a mini
trial of slack among a few of us and i was much in favor of moving to Slack
with its ability to create channels and not clogging up people's email inboxes.
our IT guru played with it a bunch and we saw many uses of Slack such as being
able to track projects etc. He felt that going from our googlegroup to Slack
was too big a step and instead, we are using IO.
Besides the email function of IO, ours has a calendar, a member directory, a
data base where we keep relevant community info and a wiki page that carries
committee info. Most people here only use the email function of IO.
Judith Lienhard